The GBA Center for Church Revitalization assists churches to develop strategies and reconnect with their God-given mission. Our Revitalization Team is comprised of GBA Pastors and SC Baptist Convention staff who have a vision for helping struggling churches identify key point of community engagement, serve their local schools, and meet physical needs in their communities.
GBA’s Center for Church Revitalization has funding available to assist churches in need of revitalization to create access to the gospel for all within the church’s community.
Click the videos below to see our revitalization work at Dunean Baptist Church:
GBA Church Revitalization Residency Program
During the 30-week program, residences will:
- Learn the Biblical definition and mandates concerning pastoring the Church, with special attention being paid to personal and churchwide evangelism, shepherding the flock, prayer, preaching God’s Word.
- Know the significance of personal soul and family care by learning and applying strategies to protect themselves and their families from Satan’s attempts to harm them while leading the revitalization of a struggling church.
- Develop a Biblically focused, multi-year strategy for leading a plateaued or at-risk church through the process of revitalization.
- Comprehend the Biblical characteristics of a healthy church.
- Receive personal training from pastors and church leaders in the areas of preaching development, pastoral care, administration, and leadership development.
- Be exposed to applying leadership development skills by rotating through the following areas:
- Children and Preschool Ministry
- Student Ministry
- Worship Ministry
- Discipleship Ministry
The candidate whould be in their second year of graduate work or higher. Click here to apply.
GBA Church Revitalization Training Resources
Dr. Terry Lanford with Entrusted to Teach served as a Revitalization Strategist. He developed the following resources that are available for our churches to use:
Has your church proactively sought to establish policies and procedures to address the challenges of today’s culture? Do you have a plan to protect your members from harm? Do your current bylaws and policies help protect your ministry from a lawsuit?
This resource is designed to help Pastors, staff members, and church leaders develop an annual stewardship emphasis that will be used by the Lord to lead believers to respond to His agenda for financial stewardship. Training topics include prayer, discovering your theme, creating a stewardship task force, developing a calendar of milestones, and creating a culture of stewardship. Methods for communicating and casting vision through sermons, lessons, video spots, and testimonies will also be addressed. Tips and practical ideas for strategic budget planning that will help your church channel resources to support the mission and ministries of your church will also be shared.
What’s the first impression guests have about your church? Have you considered how their experience looks through their eyes? First impressions matter because people matter. We hope people will return so that they will hear truth from the Word of God and if they are not already, that they become fully devoted followers of Christ.
Contact Terry Lanford at email@example.com for more information about these materials.