37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’
38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
HUB – The central part of a wheel, rotating with the axle, and from which the spokes radiate. The effective center (core, focus, pivot, axis, fulcrum) of an activity, region, or network.
We see a day when Greenville County will be transformed by the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The H.U.B. exists to Help, Unify and Bless Greenville County by building community through serving the local schools in the name of Jesus!
- Jesus is our focus.
- The gospel is our power.
- Kingdom unity is our priority.
- Serving is our passion.
- Humility is our attitude.
- Generosity is our norm.
- Eternal salvation is our goal.
- People to God through faith in Jesus.
- Schools to resources needed to meet identified needs.
- Churches, ministries, and businesses to each other in a common mission.
- People with needed life skills
- Schools to better serve their communities.
- Believers, churches, ministries, and businesses to serve our schools, share the gospel and show the love of Christ.
- People and schools to improve life for families and communities.
- Churches, ministries, and businesses to share and show the gospel.
Our Levels of Involvement:
- Level One – The Involved (short-term)
- 4-5 school-wide projects during the school year.
- Examples include back-to-school prep (landscaping, painting, cleaning, teacher assistance with copies), collection of supplies, holiday hospitality such as meals or blessing faculty/staff, fall/spring festivals (games, music, food, inflatables), assisting schools in fundraisers and assisting PTAs.
- Employs large numbers of volunteers, all ages, requires little training/expertise, low level of commitment (as little as a couple of hours) and high level of motivation/capacity for giving money.
- Level Two – The Immersed (on-going)
- On-going commitment at least monthly during school year.
- Examples include reading buddies, backpacks of blessings, class parents (to assist teachers during the week in whatever needs they have).
- Greater level of commitment, more of time than money, but involves all ages and medium levels of preparation.
- Level Three – The Invested (long-term)
- Long-term commitment up to weekly throughout the year.
- Examples include mentoring, job training, life skills development, discipleship.
- Highest level of commitment but greatest life impact, high level of training/preparation, for relatively few.
Join us for an informational lunch at Berea First Baptist Church on May 31. Learn how your church can be a part of The HUB in Berea! Lunch is FREE, but you must make a reservation!